Digitally Right is excited to launch the call for applications for The Bangladesh Tech Policy Fellowship 2023. This program is open to young and mid-career professionals in academia, law, journalism, tech and civic advocacy organizations.
In an era where digital and physical realities are intertwined, the influence of technology policies on our daily lives is profound. From government legislations to platform policies to international principles, these policies shape how we express ourselves, access information, conduct business, and innovate. The fellowship offers an opportunity to explore the impact of technology on our lives and the resulting implications for policies and policymakers.
The Fellowship is designed to empower participants with the knowledge and skills needed to understand global and local trends in technology policies. It includes in-depth training, expert mentoring, and the opportunity to conduct research on a policy issue. Participants will contribute to the discourse by producing research papers, policy briefs, or articles and a stipend to cover research expenses.
Be part of a transformative journey!
Applicants interested in this fellowship will be required to submit research proposals as a crucial part of the application process. The excellence of these proposals will play a vital role in the selection of the most qualified candidates. While there is a wide array of tech policy topics to consider, this fellowship concentrates on four primary areas of focus.
- Online Safety and Security
- Content Governance and Free Expression
- Equal and Open Internet Access
- Privacy and Data Protection
What’s in it for you?
- A 4-day in-person workshop focusing on tech policies.
- Participate in 3 virtual in-depth sessions with global experts.
- Produce and publish research papers/articles under expert mentoring.
- Showcase your work to an esteemed audience.
- Become part of a regional network of tech policy enthusiasts.
- Receive a modest stipend throughout the 5-month program.
The Tech Policy Fellowship is designed for individuals who envision professional development opportunities in the fields of tech policy, digital rights advocacy, and civic technology. We encourage applications from any Bangladeshi who has an interest in these areas, and the selection process will primarily consider the quality of the research proposal and the applicant’s personal commitment. However, preference will be given to candidates who meet the following criteria:
- Early and mid-career professionals.
- Backgrounds in law, journalism, academia, or civic advocacy are highly desirable.
- Age within the range of 26 to 35 years.
- Demonstrated relevance of the program to the candidate’s professional work.
Eight exceptional candidates will be chosen based on the strength of their applications. Notifications regarding the selection will be sent out by November 7th.
If you find yourself intrigued, possess a compelling research idea, and believe that participating in this fellowship can have a meaningful impact on both your career and the broader domain of tech policy, we strongly encourage you to submit an application.
📆 Application Deadline: November 1, 2023
🔗 Registration Link: https://shorturl.at/deWY3