Digitally Right under its Dismislab project is excited to launch the call for applications for The Digital Verification Fellowship 2023. This fellowship is open to graduate students and early-career journalists based in Bangladesh.
This program is a 3-month paid fellowship opportunity with certificates for individuals who are dedicated to advancing the understanding of the online disinformation research and fact-checking within and outside newsrooms. It provides a unique platform to gain hands-on experience, collaborate with experts, and contribute to tackling mis/disinformation. High performers will also have the prospect to work full-time for Dismislab, a bilingual information lab working for online verification and media research.
Key Goals of the Fellowship:
- Apprehend the Global and Local Digital Information Ecosystem: Dive deep into the world of digital information to understand its global and local dynamics.
- Understand Information Disorder: Explore the various facets of information disorder, including disinformation, misinformation, and malinformation.
- Grasp Verification of Online Information: Master the art of verifying digital information using the latest tools and techniques.
- Use the Latest Tools and Techniques to Verify Mis/Disinformation:Develop practical skills to identify and counteract mis and disinformation in digital content.
- Institute a Culture of Fact-Checking in organizations: Work on projects and initiatives to promote fact-checking and accuracy in media organizations.
- Application Deadline: Oct 26, 2023
- Fellowship Start Date: Nov 15, 2023
- Fellowship End Date: Feb 15, 2024
To apply for the Digital Verification Fellowship 2023, please click here.
For inquiries or more information, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org